Cody Walker is refusing to talk about a possible big money move to Brisbane as the fight for the NRL utility's future intensifies.
The 26-year-old, who made his NRL debut for Souths earlier this year, has been linked a move to the Broncos on a three-year deal said to worth around $500,000.
The offer has outflanked the Rabbitohs who had tabled a two-year deal worth around $250,000.
However Souths are understood to be rethinking their position and Walker could yet stay at Redfern.
Walker has starred at both five-eighth and fullback for the Rabbitohs this year and Brisbane are keen on his utility value.
However he also shapes as key for Souths in seasons to come given playmaker Luke Keary is set to exit the club at the end of the year.
However Walker was in no mood to talk about his future at Souths training at Coogee Oval on Monday, ahead of their round 13 fixture against Gold Coast in Perth on Sunday.
"It is not my main focus at the moment, I just want to be in the 17 for Souths this weekend," Walker said when quizzed about where he will be beyond 2016.
He repeated the mantra when asked whether the contract negotiations were affecting him on or off the field.
"My main focus is this weekend and getting in the side," he said.